A bank statement is a record of the transactions and balance in a bank account and is issued periodically to the holder of the account.
The Bank Statement Skill is a Framework Document Skill, which extracts key data points from bank account statements in Germany and the USA, which can be further used for proof of income processes within customer onboarding and Know Your Customer processes. The skill has been trained on a smaller set of documents. Customers can use this Framework Skill as a starting point for further training the skill-based on incoming bank statements, add new or adjust the already extracted fields and business rules to their own requirements.
- Framework Document Skills provide a quick-start basis for conducting proof of concept and automating document-centric processes, without wasting time to train a new skill from the ground up. In most Framework Skills the main data fields have been labeled and the skill has been trained on a small document set to provide a starting point for further training on customer side. Framework Skills generally come at no additional cost, but consume page volume from the base Vantage Core Skills volume.
- The model is trained to automatically detect key data points on bank account statements from Germany and USA, and extract information relevant for customer onboarding and Know Your Customer (KYC) processes (date, reporting period, ending balance, account owner etc.). For a full list of extracted fields, please see the skill documentation.
- Business rules can be added as required.
- Can be augmented by human-in-the-loop review and verification based on accuracy thresholds, missing or incorrect information.
- Requires further training in order to ensure sufficient accuracy levels on customer-specific documents. Training can be done up-front or during runtime as documents arrive and go through manual verification.
- Key fields: Account Owner Name, Ending Balance of the Period, Ending Balance Date