Bill of Lading
A bill of lading is a legal document issued by a carrier to a shipper to acknowledge receipt of cargo for shipment. It details the type, quantity, and destination of the goods being carried and serves as a shipment receipt.
The Bill of Lading Skill is a production trained Document Skill, which can extract key data points from this document and has been trained by ABBYY on a very large document training set.
- The trained model automatically detects key fields on bill of lading documents and extracts data including BoL number and date, PO number, shipper, carrier, consignee, and bill to addresses, shipment ID and date, terms, port of entry/exit, hazardous material etc.). Line items have not been trained yet. For a full list of extracted fields, please see the skill documentation.
- Includes rules for required fields. Additional business rules can be added as individually required.
- Detects shipper, consignee, ship to addresses automatically. Database look-up not available.
- Incorporate human-in-the-loop review and verification based on accuracy thresholds, missing or incorrect information.
- Allows further training of the model based on customer documents in real time. Over time significantly improves straight-through-processing rates and reduces the need for human interaction.