Bill of Lading
A bill of lading is a legal document issued by a carrier to a shipper to acknowledge receipt of cargo for shipment. It details the type, quantity, and destination of the goods being carried and also serves as a shipment receipt.
The Bill of Lading Skill is a Framework Document Skill, which can extract key data points from this document type, but has been trained on a smaller set of documents. Customers can use this Framework Skill as a starting point for further training the skill based on incoming documents, or to adjust the extracted fields and business rules to their own requirements.
- Framework Document Skills provide a quick-start basis for conducting proof of concept and automating document-centric processes, without wasting time to train a new skill from the ground up. In most Framework Skills the main data fields have been labeled and the skill has been trained on a small document set to provide a starting point for further training on customer side. Framework Skills generally come at no additional cost, but consume page volume from the base Vantage Core Skills volume.
- The model automatically detects key fields on BoL documents and extracts relevant data (BoL number and date, PO number, shipper, carrier, consignee and bill to addresses, shipment ID and date, terms, port of entry/exit, hazardous material etc.). Line items have not been trained yet. For a full list of extracted fields, please see the skill documentation.
- Includes rules for required fields. Additional business rules can be added as individually required.
- Detects shipper, consignee, ship to addresses automatically. Database look-up not available.
- Can be augmented by human-in-the-loop review and verification based on accuracy thresholds, missing or incorrect information.
- Requires further training in order to ensure sufficient accuracy levels on customer-specific documents. Training can be done up-front or during runtime as documents arrive and go through manual verification.
- Key fields: Shipper Name, Consignee Name, BoL Number, BoL Date, Pro Number