Dangerous Goods Declaration
The IATA Dangerous Goods Declaration is a document issued by the shipper of goods to provide critical information about hazardous materials included in the shipment to the aircraft operator or carrier in a consistent industry format.
The Dangerous Goods Declaration Skill is a Framework Document Skill, which can extract key data points from this important document. The skill has been trained on a smaller set of documents. Customers can use this Framework Skill as a starting point for further training the skill based on incoming documents, or to adjust the extracted fields and business rules to their own requirements.
- Framework Document Skills provide a quick-start basis for conducting proof of concept and automating document-centric processes, without wasting time to train a new skill from the ground up. In most Framework Skills the main data fields have been labled and the skill has been trained on a small document set to provide a starting point for further training on customer side. Framework Skills generally come at no additional cost, but consume page volume from the base Vantage Core Skills volume.
- The model automatically detects key fields on DGDs and extracts relevant data (shipper, consignee, carrier, line items providing details about type of goods and packaging etc.). For a full list of extracted fields, please see the skill documentation.
- Includes rules for required fields. Additional business rules can be added as required.
- Can be augmented by human-in-the-loop review and verification based on accuracy thresholds, missing or incorrect information.
- Requires further training in order to ensure sufficient accuracy levels on customer-specific documents. Training can be done up-front or during runtime as documents arrive and go through manual verification.