A delivery note is a document accompanying a shipment of goods that lists the description, and quantity of the goods delivered or missing in the delivery compared to the original order. A copy of the delivery note, signed by the buyer or consignee, is returned to the seller or consignor as proof of delivery.
The Delivery Note Skill is a Framework Document Skill, which can extract key data points from delivery confirmation documents. The skill has been trained on a smaller set of documents. Customers can use this Framework Skill as a starting point for further training the skill-based on incoming documents, or to adjust the extracted fields and business rules to their own requirements.
- Framework Document Skills provide a quick-start basis for conducting proof of concept and automating document-centric processes, without wasting time to train a new skill from the ground up. In most Framework Skills the main data fields have been labeled and the skill has been trained on a small document set to provide a starting point for further training on customer side. Framework Skills generally come at no additional cost, but consume page volume from the base Vantage Core Skills volume.
- The model automatically detects key fields on delivery notes and extracts relevant data (delivery note number and date, business unit, ship to and bill to addresses, purchaser, purchase order and invoice number, line items etc.). For a full list of extracted fields, please see the skill documentation.
- Includes rules for required fields. Additional business rules can be added as individually required.
- Detects ship to, bill to addresses and purchaser automatically. Database look-up not available.
- Can be augmented by human-in-the-loop review and verification based on accuracy thresholds, missing or incorrect information.
- Requires further training in order to ensure sufficient accuracy levels on customer-specific documents. Training can be done up-front or during runtime as documents arrive and go through manual verification.
- Key fields: BU Name, Delivery Note Number, Delivery Note Date, Total