Form 1095-C, Employer-Provided Health Insurance Offer and Coverage
Extracts key data from IRS (Internal Revenue Service of USA) Form 1095-C documents, filed and furnished to each full-time employee of Applicable Large Employers (ALE) member. The Form 1095-C, Employer-Provided Health Insurance Offer and Coverage Skill is a Framework skill, that has been trained on a smaller set of documents. All data fields are defined and labeled. Customers can use this skill as a starting point for further training the skill based on incoming documents, or to adjust the extracted fields and business rules to their own requirements.
- Framework Document Skills provide a quick-start basis for conducting proof of concept and automating document-centric processes, without wasting time to train a new skill from the ground up. In most Framework Skills the main data fields have been labeled and the skill has been trained on a small document set to provide a starting point for further training on customer side. Framework Skills generally come at no additional cost, but consume page volume from the base Vantage Core Skills volume.
- The model automatically detects all fields on 1095-C forms from the years 2020 or later and extracts relevant data (employee name and address, SSN, employer name, address, EIN, offer of coverage, covered individuals etc.).
- Business rules can be added as required, for example to check the year for which the form was submitted, or to set a minimum threshold for income.
- Can be enhanced by adding human-in-the-loop review and verification step in the process, based on accuracy thresholds, missing or incorrect information.
- Requires further training in order to ensure sufficient accuracy levels on customer-specific documents. Training can be done up-front or during runtime as documents arrive and go through manual verification.