Form W-9, Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification
A W-9 form is an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) tax form that is used to confirm a person's name, address, and taxpayer identification number (TIN) to file information about Income paid to you, Real estate transactions, mortgage interest you paid, Acquisition or abandonment of secured property, Cancellation of debt.
The Form W-9 Skill, Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification, has been trained on a smaller set of documents. All data fields are defined and labeled.
Customers can use this Framework skill as a starting point for further training based on incoming reports, add new or adjust the extracted fields and business rules to their own requirements.
- W-9 form skill model automatically detects key fields and extracts relevant data (Name, Business Name, Federal Tax Classification, Exempt Payee Code, Address, etc.). For a full list of extracted fields, please see the skill documentation.
- Includes rules for required fields. Additional business rules can be added as required.
- Can be augmented by human-in-the-loop review and verification based on accuracy thresholds, missing or incorrect information.
- Requires further training in order to ensure sufficient accuracy levels on customer-specific documents. Training can be done up-front or during runtime as documents arrive and go through manual verification.
- Key fields extracted: Name, Business Name, Federal Tax Classification, Exempt Payee Code, Exemption from FATCA Reporting Code, Address, Requester’s Name and Address, Social Security, Employer Identification Number, Date.