Form W-9, Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification
The Form W-9, Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification skill extracts data from Forms W-9, which are documents that are used to request and confirm a person's name, address, and Taxpayer Identification Numbers (TIN) of a US citizen (as well as of non-citizen tax residents) and confirm tax exemption applications. This form helps organizations file information about income paid to you, real estate transactions, mortgage interest you paid, acquisition or abandonment of secured property, cancellation of debt.
The Form W-9 Skill, Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification, has been trained on a smaller set of documents. All data fields are defined and labeled.
Customers can use this Framework skill as a starting point for further training based on incoming reports, add new or adjust the extracted fields and business rules to their own requirements.
- Framework Document Skills provide a quick-start basis for conducting proof of concept and automating document-centric processes, without wasting time to train a new skill from the ground up. In most Framework Skills the main data fields have been labeled and the skill has been trained on a small document set to provide a starting point for further training on customer side. Framework Skills generally come at no additional cost, but consume page volume from the base Vantage Core Skills volume.
- The model automatically detects fields on IRS (Internal Revenue Service of US) W-9 forms dated December 1999 and later and extracts relevant data (taxpayer name and address, federal tax classification, TIN, SSN, EIN, requester's name and address etc.). For a full list of extracted fields, please see the skill documentation.
- This skill is capable of extracting data from both machine-printed forms and forms filled out in handwriting.
- Includes business rules for required fields. Further business rules can be added as required, for example to check the year for which the form was submitted, or to set a minimum threshold for income.
- Can be enhanced by adding human-in-the-loop review and verification step in the process, based on accuracy thresholds, missing or incorrect information.
- Requires further training in order to ensure sufficient accuracy levels on customer-specific documents. Training can be done up-front or during runtime as documents arrive and go through manual verification.
- Key fields: Name, Business Name, Federal Tax Classification, Exempt payee code, Exemption from FATCA Reporting Code, Social Security Number, Employer Identification Number, Date