German Sick Note / Arbeitsunfähigkeitsbesch.
A sick note is an official note issued and signed by a doctor which states that someone is ill and needs to stay off work for a particular period of time. The Sick Note Skill is a Framework Document Skill, which extracts key information from sick leave notes from Germany. The skill has been trained on a smaller set of documents. Customers can use this Framework Skill as a starting point for further training the skill-based on incoming sick notes, add new or adjust the already extracted fields and business rules to their own requirements.
- Framework Document Skills provide a quick-start basis for conducting proof of concept and automating document-centric processes, without wasting time to train a new skill from the ground up. In most Framework Skills the main data fields have been labeled and the skill has been trained on a small document set to provide a starting point for further training on customer side. Framework Skills generally come at no additional cost, but consume page volume from the base Vantage Core Skills volume.
- The model is trained to automatically detect key information on sick notes from Germany and extract information relevant for absence management processes (insurer, insured name, sickness start and end date etc.). For a full list of extracted fields, please see the skill documentation.
- Includes rule which check that the start date of the sickness is no longer than three days prior to date of issuing of the sick note. Additional business rules can be added as required.
- Can be augmented by human-in-the-loop review and verification based on accuracy thresholds, missing or incorrect information.
- Requires further training in order to ensure sufficient accuracy levels on customer-specific documents. Training can be done up-front or during runtime as documents arrive and go through manual verification.
- Key fields: Insured Name, Insured Number, Date, Sickness Start Date