International Consignment Note (CMR)
The International Consignment Note (CMR), also known as International Road Carriage Waybill is proof of the contract of carriage by road which determines the scope and responsibility for the operation performed, identifies the parties involved and the goods being transported.
The International Consignment Note (CMR) Skill is a Framework Document Skill, which can extract key data points from CMR documents. The skill has been trained on a smaller set of documents. Customers can use this Framework Skill as a starting point for further training the skill based on incoming consignment notes, or adjust the extracted fields and business rules to their own requirements.
- Framework Document Skills provide a quick-start basis for conducting proof of concept and automating document-centric processes, without wasting time to train a new skill from the ground up. In most Framework Skills the main data fields have been labeled and the skill has been trained on a small document set to provide a starting point for further training on customer side. Framework Skills generally come at no additional cost, but consume page volume from the base Vantage Core Skills volume.
- The model automatically detects all fields in the 24 areas of the document and extracts relevant data (Shipper, Consignee, Place of Delivery, Line Items, INCO Terms etc.). For a full list of extracted fields, please see the skill documentation.
- Includes rules which check and complete the total amounts for Quantity, Weight and Volume. Additional business rules can be added as required.
- Can be augmented by human-in-the-loop review and verification based on accuracy thresholds, missing or incorrect information.
- Requires further training in order to ensure sufficient accuracy levels on customer-specific documents. Training can be done up-front or during runtime as documents arrive and go through manual verification.
- Key fields: Date of Issue, Document Number, Shipper Name