IRS Tax Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement v. 1.0
The IRS Tax Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement Skill is a Framework Document Skill, which can extract key data points from W-2 tax forms. The skill has been trained on a smaller set of documents. Customers can use this Framework Skill as a starting point for further training the skill based on incoming documents, or to adjust the extracted fields and business rules to their own requirements.
- Framework Document Skills provide a quick-start basis for conducting proof of concept and automating document-centric processes, without wasting time to train a new skill from the ground up. In most Framework Skills the main data fields have been labeled and the skill has been trained on a small document set to provide a starting point for further training on customer side. Framework Skills generally come at no additional cost, but consume page volume from the base Vantage Core Skills volume.
- The model automatically detects all fields on W-2 forms and extracts relevant data (employer name and address, EIN, employee name and address, SSN, wages, taxes etc.). For a full list of extracted fields, please see the skill documentation.
- Business rules can be added as required, for example to check the year for which the form was submitted, or to set a minimum threshold for income.
- Can be augmented by human-in-the-loop review and verification based on accuracy thresholds, missing or incorrect information.
- Requires further training in order to ensure sufficient accuracy levels on customer-specific documents. Training can be done up-front or during runtime as documents arrive and go through manual verification.
- Key fields: Employee Name, Employee SSN, Employer Name, EIN (Employer Identification Number), Wages, tips, other compensation