A Loan Estimate form is a three-page disclosure triggered when an application is made to a mortgage company. It provides a summary of loan terms, loan costs, and other closing costs.
The Loan Estimate Skill is a Framework Document Skill, which can extract key data points from loan estimate documents. The skill has been trained on a smaller set of documents. Customers can use this Framework Skill as a starting point for further training the skill-based on incoming documents, or to adjust the extracted fields and business rules to their own requirements.
- Framework Document Skills provide a quick-start basis for conducting proof of concept and automating document-centric processes, without wasting time to train a new skill from the ground up. In most Framework Skills the main data fields have been labeled and the skill has been trained on a small document set to provide a starting point for further training on customer side. Framework Skills generally come at no additional cost, but consume page volume from the base Vantage Core Skills volume.
- The model automatically detects key fields from the loan estimate forms and extracts relevant data (date issued, property address, applicant details, sale price, loan term, loan type, loan amount, interest rate, mortgage insurance, estimated escrow, deposit etc.). For a full list of extracted fields, please see the skill documentation.
- Business rules can be added as required.
- Can be augmented by human-in-the-loop review and verification based on accuracy thresholds, missing or incorrect information.
- Requires further training in order to ensure sufficient accuracy levels on customer-specific documents. Training can be done up-front or during runtime as documents arrive and go through manual verification.
- Key fields: Date Issued, Applicant 1, Loan ID, Loan Amount. Values extracted from key fields are visible in the Documents overview.