A packing list is a document used in international trade to provide information about the shipment - how the shipment is packed and the marks and numbers that are noted on the outside of the boxes. It is normally used by the exporter, the international freight forwarder, and the ultimate consignee for issuing other documents such as the Bill of lading as well as for faster customs clearance.
The Packing List Skill is a Framework Document Skill, which can extract key data points from this document type. The skill has been trained on a smaller set of documents. Customers can use this Framework Skill as a starting point for further training the skill-based on incoming documents, or to adjust the extracted fields and business rules to their own requirements.
- Framework Document Skills provide a quick-start basis for conducting proof of concept and automating document-centric processes, without wasting time to train a new skill from the ground up. In most Framework Skills the main data fields have been labeled and the skill has been trained on a small document set to provide a starting point for further training on customer side. Framework Skills generally come at no additional cost, but consume page volume from the base Vantage Core Skills volume.
- The model automatically detects key fields on delivery notes and extracts relevant data (packing list number and date, PO number and date, invoice number and date, shipper, consignee, country of origin and destination, terms of delivery, line items describing each package etc.). For a full list of extracted fields, please see the skill documentation.
- Includes rules for required fields. Additional business rules can be added as individually required.
- Detects shipper and consignee automatically. Database look-up not available.
- Can be augmented by human-in-the-loop review and verification based on accuracy thresholds, missing or incorrect information.
- Requires further training in order to ensure sufficient accuracy levels on customer-specific documents. Training can be done up-front or during runtime as documents arrive and go through manual verification.
- Key fields: BU Name, Packing List Number, Packing List Date