The sea waybill (SWB) is a document or transport contract made between the maritime company and the shipper. It is considered as proof of reception of goods and facilitates exchanges.
The Sea Waybill Skill is a Framework Document Skill, which can extract key data points from this document type, but has been trained on a smaller set of documents. Customers can use this Framework Skill as a starting point for further training the skill based on incoming documents, or to adjust the extracted fields and business rules to their own requirements.
- Framework Document Skills provide a quick-start basis for conducting proof of concept and automating document-centric processes, without wasting time to train a new skill from the ground up. In most Framework Skills the main data fields have been labeled and the skill has been trained on a small document set to provide a starting point for further training on customer side. Framework Skills generally come at no additional cost, but consume page volume from the base Vantage Core Skills volume.
- The model automatically detects key fields on Sea Waybill documents and extracts relevant data (Waybill number and date, BoL number, SCAC, shipper, consignee, port of loading, port of discharge, vessel name, voyage number, origin of goods, line items, charges, etc.). For a full list of extracted fields, please see the skill documentation.
- Includes rules for required fields. Additional business rules can be added as individually required.
- Detects shipper, and consignee automatically. Database look-up not available.
- Can be augmented by human-in-the-loop review and verification based on accuracy thresholds, missing or incorrect information.
- Requires further training in order to ensure sufficient accuracy levels on customer-specific documents. Training can be done up-front or during runtime as documents arrive and go through manual verification.
- Key fields: Shipper Name, Waybill Number, SCAC, Vessel, Port of Loading, Bill of Lading Number, Date of Waybill