A utility bill is a detailed invoice, issued to a consumer or a business and paid once a month for utilities, including electric, natural gas, water, and waste.
The Utility Bill Skill is a Framework Document Skill, trained on a smaller set of documents, but with key data points from utility bills defined and labeled. Customers can use this Framework Skill as a starting point for further training the skill-based on incoming documents, or to adjust the extracted fields and business rules to their own requirements.
- Framework Document Skills provide a quick-start basis for conducting proof of concept and automating document-centric processes, without spending time to train a new skill from the ground up. In most Framework Skills the main data fields have been labeled and the skill has been trained on a small document set to provide a starting point for further training on customer side. Framework Skills generally come at no additional cost, but consume page volume from the base Vantage Core Skills volume.
- The data extraction model automatically detects key fields on the utility bill and extracts relevant data (vendor, customer, billing period, amount due, due date etc.). For a full list of extracted fields, please see the skill documentation.
- Includes business rules for required fields, to check amounts and dates. Further business rules can be added as individually required.
- Detects Customer and Supplier automatically.
- Can be augmented by human-in-the-loop review and verification based on accuracy thresholds, missing or incorrect information.
- Requires further training in order to ensure sufficient accuracy levels on customer-specific documents. Training can be done up-front or during runtime as documents arrive and go through manual verification.
- Key fields: BU Name, Issuer Name, Bill Date, Amount Due, Due Date